Thursday, September 15, 2011

Soccer Mom

After a few months of really poor organization on AYSO's part Izzy finally got to start soccer. In the last few months of waiting Izzy has been eager to find out her team color and team name. Of course her top choice for color was pink. When told that she may not get that color she said she would settle "sparkles". To Izzy's great fortune we discovered today that her uniform was pink AND her team name is The Pink Unicorns. 

HQ in her big sister's tutu checks out the playing field. 
Right as practice started HQ thought she should go and inspect all the orange cones around the field. Ty decided to take he for a walk around the campus instead and thus avoiding HQ getting smacked in the face by a soccer ball.

Locke attacking Izzy's water.
Locke really enjoyed watching the boys practice on the other side of the field. Since the boys had more energy and noise they were much more exciting for a baby to watch. He cooed and giggled when the boys would shout, scream, and laugh.

The Pink Unicorns: A force to be reckoned with
While sitting on the side lines watching The Pink Unicorns practice I realized I didn't have much in common with the other mothers. They were all a bit older than me, beautiful, and completely manicured from their heads down to their perfect toes. Then there is me with my hair up in my messy bun (so no little fingers can rip out my hair) and my hot pink glitter pedicure complements of Izzy. These women lugged around pricey bags while I had my stained and overstuffed diaper bag. They whipped out their blackberries/iphones/ipads covered in swarovski crystals while exchanging info and here I am with my outdated phone fashionably covered in orange baby food, pink stuff, and sand. Their conversations were light and mostly about TV shows which is an area I have no knowledge in and therefore couldn't add anything. Not like Locke or HQ would have let me anyway! All but one had only one child and made it sound like even that was too much. Ty always regretfully tells me that I look like a "poor man's wife", but even when compared to all this I don't feel like one.

After soccer Ty, Locke, and I headed to a mandatory PTM at Hope in preparation for this new school year. Ty and I really enjoyed going. It's another way of reminding us why we choose to teach our kids at home. Plus I get to head up the nursery this year for Extra's day. Woohoo! Bring on the babies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment