Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Eating Dinosaurs for Lunch.

Izzy asked to do chores after her homework today. She claimed that I haven't let her clean anything other than her room lately. Feeling like a terrible mother, I had her help clean the bathroom and afterwards she decided to sweep the kitchen and wash the windows. And although the windows are more smudged than they were before the girls cleaned them I couldn't help but feel proud that my kids wanted to help out.

Washing windows.
The main reason I had kids was so I would never have to do clean/cook for the rest of my life.
My baby is so tough he eats dinosaurs for lunch!
HQ is at the age where she really likes to draw. I love it! She is so proud of everything she does. The only thing is she is also at the stage where she feels the world is her blank canvas. This means in her mind nothing is off limits. The table, books, clothes, the baby...  She will always run to grab something to wipe off whatever it is she just drew on as most of the surfaces in our home are cleanable. I am surprised she hasn't headed for the walls yet. Well, there is always tomorrow.

My little artist.
Notice that she is wearing one glass slipper. She never wears both.

Some of her artwork... our leather couch. A fine example of why you should not plan on owning anything new/nice while you are raising children. I constantly have to remind myself that we are raising children, not furniture/clothing/carpet/or anything else of worldly value.
Well, provided HQ's runny nose is under control I should be heading to barre class tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to it. Last time I had my hiney handed to me. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment