Friday, September 16, 2011

LA County Fair

We went to the LA County Fair today. It was set up through Hope as a field trip for the homeschool kids. That place is huge! HQ strutted around like she owned the place (which meant Ty got a ton of exercise chasing her around), Locke happily stayed strapped to me, and Izzy enjoyed the sights... until she got sick.
Feeling different types of wool.

Watching suckling piggies. I think baby pigs are absolutely adorable.
If they didn't turn into giant smelly monsters I would totally own one. 

Going through the hay "maze".
 The hay was less than a foot tall, so the kids all jumped from bale to bale instead. 

The kids were knocking each other over and being too crazy for little ones,
so an envious (but proud) little HQ watches her sister. 

My dad stealing the girls attention. 

Feeding the animals :D

BEES! See the uneasy look on her face? She seemed to think they were plotting against her.
Right after I took the photo she quickly turned around while smacking the back of her head.. just to make sure. 

HQ stopped at every single one of these after we giggled at her sticking her head through the first one.
What a ham. 
We didn't get a chance to hit up any rides. By lunch time Izzy had a melt down and I realized she HAD to be sick. That just wasn't Izzy. I should have noticed earlier when she didn't want the candy prizes she had won. When we got home I took her temp and sure enough she had a fever. Low, but a fever none the less. She spent the afternoon miserably resting. She was supposed to go over to SD's today for her weekend with him, but she begged to stay home. I don't blame her. Who doesn't want to be in their own bed when they don't feel good? Fortunately he said it was OK for her to stay here.

Resting at home.

I spent the evening lying next to her until she fell asleep. HQ didn't like seeing her sister hurt either. She would "sing" to her, "mooch" her, and stroke her hair (and of course accidentally poke her in the eye ultimately making things worse, but her heart was in the right place!). It's so weird to want so bad to take someone else's sickness for yourself.

Well, I'm tired, but I think I am going to go make out with my husband. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment