Tuesday, December 20, 2011

HQ Likes Cookies

We've been a little busy around here. Between homework, making Christmas presents, and visiting friends it feels like we've been moving nonstop. It's made the last week just FLY by. I don't like that! Especially this time of year. I want to take my time with it and enjoy the smells, the weather, the sights, and the company.

Bumbo head!!!

This shirt he's in makes me laugh.

I can still have long hair even when I have short hair.

Hmm.. which Cheerios should I eat?
 Over the weekend we got a last minute invite to spend the night with some friends at their house. Their big beautiful house... not jealous. :P They specifically asked us to bring our kiddos along. We don't get to see them often because they live farther away than we'd like. We had a lot of fun! Well, Ty fell asleep around 8ish... but the kids and I had fun :D Although I'm pretty sure HQ stole some of their toilet paper. Izzy has asked for the last couple of nights, "Can we sleep at Jessica and Hercules' house again?" (Hercules is an adorable little dog).

He says, "Mmmm Christmas cookies!!!" HQ likes cookies...

So for the last couple of months I have been drooling over a specific shelving unit that I wanted so badly for my fabric and sewing stuff. I don't have a separate sewing room so my stuff just ends up all over the place. It makes looking for something specific very hard and it means I usually have to choose between having a clean bedroom or being able to sew. It also means having to rewash and iron fabrics more than once... which stinks. 

Fabric is taking over!

On my sewing desk
Next to my sewing desk...
And in random not so pretty boxes.

Anyway, we just didn't have the budget for it. A couple weeks ago Ty asked me what I would like for Christmas and I told him this shelving unit. I think he was hoping for something a little more romantic/personal, but having a tidy bedroom and sewing space is romantic! :D I looked up the price new and realized it was just still too much to ask for even as a Christmas gift. Two weeks ago I noticed that it was sold out everywhere and still is. So everyday I checked Craigslist. Everyday a minimum of twice a day. So many people were selling it for more, just as much, or $10 to $20 less than purchasing it new... it was frustrating, but I suppose since they are sold out you can ask for more. I would find one within our budget and call within hours of it being posted and was told they had already sold it. Last night another one went up. I got to say I was excited, but really wasn't expecting a call back. Already long story made a little shorter we got one and for less than half the price! Yay!

I was having so much fun organizing this thing!  


It still looks like no Christmas for us at my parents' this year, so we have been trying to think of a new way to celebrate. All we know so far is that I am making french toast and chocolate pie. I guess that's enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment