Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

2nd day of our Christmas celebrating. Today the kids and I baked and cleaned the remnants from last nights' gift opening.
Izzy's wrapping handy work!

Toys!

Izzy and Scarlett both sporting Christmas gifts from G&G Orpi.
In the late afternoon my oldest brother came by and dropped off a couple gifts for all of us. It was nice to see him :D Just like with my other brother and sister yesterday HQ also wanted to show him the movie, My Neighbor Totoro. What is it with that movie?

Part of our tradition is that the kids get to pick out one gift to open on Christmas Eve. Both the girls grabbed gifts from Izzy's Grammy (she used the shinyest paper). They loved their gifts, but immediately after opening gift one HQ wanted to continue, fortunately we were able to distract her.
Their Christmas Eve gifts.
 Today we went to celebrate with Ty's Dad and step family. We really enjoyed ourselves. They have a 13 course traditional polish dinner. It's quite delicious and has already become tradition for me since we have done it the last 4 years.

After dinner Locke Plays Ty's head like it were a bongo drum.
The kids got a bunch more stuff including a Beatrix Potter boxed book set for HQ (I'm really excited about that!) and a sturdy kid's digital camera for Izzy
.
More presents!
Ty and I watched Blue's Brother's as we played Santa tonight. I think we ate too many cookies... Why I don't just store them in the freezer and eat them at a later time I don't know.

Santa was here...
Well I think it's time for bed. I'm sure the kids will be up plenty early! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment