Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Of Sickness and Tutu's

I am so exhausted.  Both of the girls got sick last night which means no sleep for Mom and Dad.  They were both feeling better my morning however that didn't stop HQ from waking up at 5:00am...  Which is unheard of for her.

Since the girls weren't feeling 100% and I was pooped we took a lazy day and spent most of the time at home lounging.  After Ty headed off to work the girls and I finally cleaned up their room.  We also got in a trip to Target to pick up a few essentials.  Izzy, using any excuse to be fancy, made sure she put on a dress and used her Hello Kitty umbrella as a parasol.  She also made sure I put HQ in her "Sunday Best".  This IS Target we're talking about here...


We managed to leave Target while spending less than $25. That even included a much needed orange/sparkly tutu and a couple packs of $.99 heart shaped stickers.

HQ was knocked out by 5:30pm (I'm sure this means I will be up early again!) and I was ready for bed too.  Izzy and I snuggled into bed and watched a movie together, by 6:30 Izzy realized she was hungry.  I did NOT want to move from my spot.  I actually wanted to talk her out of wanting dinner.
"Mom, we should start dinner."
"You can't possibly be hungry, you had that pizza and veggies not all THAT long ago"
"Mom, that was lunch.  I'm ready for dinner."
Feeling sorry for myself but remembering my duty as a mother, I got my butt up and made the poor girl some dinner (and it was good too!).

I now look forward to spending the next 15 mins that I will be awake with my awesome husband who just got home from work :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment