Friday, September 17, 2010

A Bed Fit For a... Us

Tonight is the first night in a looong time that Ty and I will be sleeping in a real bed.  We tossed out our old one when we moved from our last apartment.  We left due to a cockroach infestation (they were crawling out of our dishwasher!) so we figured getting rid of our bed and couch made sense.  The only problem is that we have not been able to afford a new one.  This bed was donated to us.  The only catch: dig it out of a ridiculous storage full of computer parts/electronics and christmas decorations.

It's amazing what one finds in another's storage unit...
After locating our new bed, we headed to my parents' to pick up HQ.  Today is the day Izzy heads off to her father's house where she will spend the weekend.  It breaks my heart every time she heads over there, but I know she has fun and I take comfort in that.  

When we got to my parents' HQ was covered in food and a huge smile.  She was quite excited to see us :D  My mother handed us a mound of groceries and we left for home.  After putting the little one to sleep we set up our "new" bed and I must say, it's pretty darn inviting.


No comments:

Post a Comment