Sunday, September 19, 2010

Anniversary Day Eve

I have a love/hate relationship with the South Coast Plaza.  It's a beautiful mall, but I feel like I don't belong there.  Today HQ and I went there to get a small anniversary gift for Ty and some Spanx.  I noticed I was parked between a brand new Lexus SC 430 (the pretty little hard top convertible) and a lovely little red BMW.  My poor decade old SUV felt fat and ancient between these two svelte ladies.  When I got in the mall I was reminded of the fact that this place is quite difficult to get around if you are using a stroller. It is especially difficult since most of the shoppers in this mall are quite rude and will run right into you should you be in "their" path.  Pfft!  The sales chick at A Pea in the Pod was quite pleasant and so was the lady at ____ (store shall remain blank as Ty will read this and I don't want him to know what his gift is!)  All in all it was a productive morning.




When Ty got off work we made our way over to my parent's house to watch the Vikings lose... again.  But win or lose, I love The Vikings :) I really would like to get HQ a little Shaincoe jersey.  Izzy said she wont wear a jersey, but she really "needs" a Vikings cheerleader outfit.  My little creep.

We also got a couch today.  YAY! It's a beautiful used leather couch.  Someone in Ty's family gave it to us since they got a new one. We made off like bandits with this one!  I can't wait to see it in our place.  It's exciting that our home is starting to actually look like a home.   Thanks uncle Roger!

On our drive home (since we were childless... kinda) Ty drove us over the Vincent Thomas Bridge.  It was quite romantic.  The weather was perfect and all the lights looked quite wonderful.  It gave us the illusion we were on vacation somewhere else.


Tomorrow is our two year anniversary.  Ty is surprising me with a day of events, so I have no clue what we are doing.  I just hope it includes food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment