Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Sorry we have no actual pictures, I was feeling too romantical to take any... 
Ty kept what we were going to do for our anniversary a surprise.  The day was perfect.  The girls had spent the previous night at grandma's so we got to sleep in.  At 8:30am we moved in our "new" couch and it is pretty darn handsome and cozy.  Ty then surprised me by making blueberry pancakes (my favorite) we then spent the next three hours being lazy and digesting these carb-cakes.  

Around lunch time we went to go check out a few of the Halloween stores near us.  I love those stores (I love costumes) and the stores help make it feel like it's fall which is my favorite season.  When we got tired of walking we headed to Hooters.  Before some of you think, "What?! Your husband took you to Hooters?! AND on your anniversary?!" You have to know that it is a place near to my heart as a former "Hooters Girl".  Ty wouldn't take me if I didn't want to go, and in fact, I am the one who introduced him to the allure of their hot wings.  It's not as 'trashy' as some believe, we love their hot wings and salads, we always get great service and football updates.  We also had the latter half of our combo bachelor/ette party there. 

After stuffing ourselves we hopped into the car and slowly made our way to the grand finale of our evening.  We hit a nightmare of traffic on our way there, but it was well worth the wait.  Ty had surprised me with finding the most amazing drive-in theatre, Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatres http://www.missiontiki.com/ Ty had asked me a LONG time ago what my idea of a perfect date was.  I told him the drive-in theatre was my ideal date.  He has taken me once before when we were dating (we showed up an hour late and the movies were awful, but I loved it).  This time it was perfect.  The theatre is all tiki themed and they had a great selection of new movies playing.  Plus, for two people it was $14 for two movies.  Awesome!  

We were pooped, but it was perfect :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment