Thursday, September 23, 2010

Death and Ice Cream

It seems there was a death in our family today.  My beloved computer appears to have kicked the bucket.  It is a mere 2.5 years old (which is ancient in computer years, I know) but no less heartbreaking!  I suppose I will be making myself comfortable on my husband's...

Speaking of husbands! I have been thinking about the pet names wives give their husbands.  I'm talking about things like "hubbie" "husbie" and whatever else wives use when talking about their men to others.  These sound just completely awkward and emasculating to me. I guess Ty probably wouldn't care, but I equate these to a husband calling his wife something like "sergeant" or "big mama".  Things that just don't sound feminine... I may be alone on this.  I guess it's probably because I grew up with six brothers.  They are all very different from one another, but I can't imagine any one of them loving a pet name like that.  Especially in public. But eh, to each their own I guess.  Sorry for the odd tangent! 

Today was similar to yesterday.  Izzy spent much of the day on the couch.  Ty spent much of the day in the WoW, and HQ spent much of the day rearranging our dvd's and throwing food on the floor. We did put Emma in her pink sparkly ball for the first time today.  She immediately peed on the floor and then 
took off around the apartment.  She's just like HQ!  We do have a video of the incident, but I would like to edit it before posting since it is over 4 minutes in length (it's not THAT exciting). 

After throwing all the clean clothes around HQ was finally able to attack Ty's bowling bag.
Ty left for work in the afternoon and both of the girls fell asleep.  A smart mother probably would have taken the time to do something productive, I however figured it would be the perfect time to take a nap myself as both the girls asleep at the same time is quite rare during the day. 

After we all had our naps it was time for Izzy's gym!  She had been talking about it all today and all yesterday.  She was super excited to go.  When she woke up from her nap she was a little grumpy, which is usual for her, but still insisted she wanted to go to the gym.  We were also meeting Grandma and Grandpa Orpi down there who were looking forward to watching Izzy (and HQ who wasn't enrolled, but still fun to look at). But of course!  After arriving Izzy decided she didn't feel well enough to participate.  I finally talked her into going into class and after 15 mins she decided she needed lemonade to help her feel better... After her lemonade I realize she's in one of those "moods" and we decided to leave.  After I buckle her in the car she tells me, "OH! I know what will make me feel better! An ice cream cone!".  We head home sans ice cream.

We get home just in time to meet Ty for his dinner break from work.  I had slow cooked some pot roast, potatoes, and carrots.  Izzy regretfully informs Ty of her time at the gym, but says next time will be much better.  After dinner Ty headed back to work and I sent the girls off to bed early.  Since then I have been working on their invitations and I know there is a load of dishes calling my name.  I hope Izzy will be back to her normal self tomorrow. It will be her first day of "school"! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment