Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

HQ didn't have her nap yesterday so she woke up about two and a half hours earlier than she usually does. In true HQ fashion she made sure to make enough noise to wake her brother up too. 

A 5am concert with Elmo.
The first half of the morning we got our home studies done, cleaned, and waited for a package to be delivered. We finally ordered Izzy's prize for completing her level 4 phonics. She actually completed it about 3 weeks ago, but the item she wanted (a crochet bob-omb) had jumped from $30 to $80!! So we waited until we found something comparable. A few days ago we found a plush bob-omb for $18. Woo!

Her chosen prize.
Locke spent the morning rearranging our lower shelves. He would actually take all the books off and then put one back on the shelf sideways and try to shove it out the other end of the shelf. What goes on in that little head?

So helpful.
This afternoon we headed to my mom's to bake the pies for tomorrow. Izzy wanted to make the pumpkin ones all by herself. After pouring the pumpkin into the pie crust we noticed the bowl of sugar/cinnamon/cloves/ginger still sitting out. We almost had sugar (and taste) free pies!

We forgot to put in the sugar?!

 Our mailbox is a little walk away so I usually wait until all the kids are in bed and Ty's here for me to go check it. It's a nice peaceful walk at night. The buttons I ordered for the guys' shirts arrived (made from coconuts!) and also a package from my awesome seamstress friend. She had sent me a "just because" gift. I seriously choked up! It had an adorable little card, a bunch of little anime stickers for the girls (although Ty insists she meant to send them to him), and a fabulous necklace I totally would have purchased myself. What an awesome way to brighten someone's day! I am so blessed to have her in my life. :) 

Yay! Totally LOVE my necklace. And yes, Jess, just because gifts are always nice :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment