Monday, November 7, 2011

Friendship Socks

My Pink Unicorn at her game 11/5/11
HQ giving her sister some homework help.

About a week ago I received the sales flyer for Joann. A TON of stuff was on sale AND the flyer included a coupon for 25% off your total (including sale and clearance items!!) anyway, it was a sale I couldn't miss.  I promptly called up my mother and booked her sitting services so that I could hit the sale sans the girls. I located my gift card and counted the days as if I were a little kid waiting for a trip to Disneyland. Sunday arrived. It was pouring down such beautiful rain. Yay! AND! I was surprised to learn that Ty had the day off and was planning on going with me. Double yay! We got there before the store opened and we saw many ladies waiting outside with their flyers in hand. Ty, Locke, and I waited in our warm car figuring out our game plan. I had already jotted down pattern numbers the night before (Simplicity patterns were on sale for $1 each), and we were ready. We found what we wanted pretty quick, but were then stuck at the cutting counter for 30 minutes.  My receipt said I had saved over $350 (we didn't spend anywhere near that). I found 10 yards of beautiful 100% cotton for $10.06. $10.06! It was a good day :)



I hear rain!
Rocking out with Elmo's guitar... and no pants.
Locke making Ty work at feeding him.
Today Izzy and I had some friends over. The girls did a craft and went to a tennis lesson. The girls wore "friendship" socks. Meaning they split up two pairs of socks and wore the opposite ones.  He each wore one pink ankle sock and one calf length black sock. They're so cool. Izzy later told me that she thinks she and her friend would make great sisters. 


Making pumpkin turkeys!

:D
These weirdos stuffed toys in their clothes trying to look like "lumpy old women".
Tonight we discovered all three of the kids got the 24 hour tummy bug. Harley was hit with it last night. Before bed tonight she was over it, but it hit Izzy at dinner and Locke about an hour before her. Let's pray Izzy's friend doesn't get it!
I was just given these stools. They are pretty darn comfy. I'm so excited to recover them!

No comments:

Post a Comment