Thursday, November 10, 2011

Checking on the Kids

No more sickness in our home! ... for now. All three kids got the 24 hour tummy bug within hours of each other. Although that meant Ty and I were cleaning up mess after mess for a while it also meant it was over with pretty quick. Once the kids were healed it hit me. Then hours later it hit Ty. I'm so grateful that Ty and I were affected once the kids were fine! Sheesh.

Checking on Locke
When the kids are sick I can't sleep at night. I am constantly thinking what if they need me and I can't hear them? Sure I have a baby monitor.. but what if they are so weak I can't hear it over the monitor? My thoughts can get so weird as to all the possibilities of horrible things that could happen to them in the middle of the night while they are sick I hate it! So that means each child is tucked in with some form of liquid drink to combat dehydration(... which my mind seems to believe can kill a child within seconds) and that Ty or I go in and check on them all night long. If I fall asleep at all for any amount of minutes I feel guilty. I run and check for proof of life for all 3 of them. Are there any other moms that do this, or am I just crazy? I'm not sure if it's normal or if it just stems from the fact that my little sister died in the middle of the night. Regardless none of them ever needed anything or even woke up for that matter. They all survived the night without me, but the following morning I was exhausted. I am so grateful my mother was willing and able to pick the kids up so that Ty and I could rest. Thanks Mom!

Anyway, after being able to rest today things should be getting back to normal. Yay!

This is the fabric I am making Locke and Ty's Christmas shirts out of.
Just trying to locate some little wooden buttons :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment