Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sleeping Through the Night

"Hewo?"

It was a beautiful rainy day!
  Locke officially sleeps through the night! Yay! I waited until he did it for at least a week to say anything. I learned my lesson after having Izzy. At 10 weeks she slept through the night 2 days in a row and I bragged to everyone how awesome of a mother I must be because my baby already slept through the night (well, not exactly like that, but I'm sure that's how it sounds to another new mother who isn't getting a full night's rest!). After that she didn't sleep more than 5 hours consecutively until she was nearly one... I assume it's mostly a "kids are individuals" thing and will sleep through the night we they are ready. Izzy it was near one, HQ around 6 months, and Locke at 8 months. Whatever the case, I was ready.

When Ty isn't home our morning routine is the following. Locke wakes me up sometime between 5:30 and 6am. He is changed, fed, and then hangs out in bed with me until the girls get up usually about an hour later. The girls then hang out in my bed (HQ will normally make sure the bed is bouncy), cuddle, and talk about their last nights dreams and hopes for the day. We then go downstairs and make breakfast. However this morning Izzy and HQ bypassed the hanging out with me part and went downstairs to make me breakfast in bed. I was served a bowl of cheerios in Izzy's favorite heart shaped bowl. Granted the bowl was 90% milk and 10% Cheerios, but she was so proud of herself! She even had HQ bring me an apple. HQ did take a bite out of it, but she came into my room with a huge grin on her face and yelled, "Tada! Mommy's apple!" What little sweethearts.

Locke and I watched the Vikings vs. Raider's game. Another disappointment (is it still a disappointment when you pretty much know how it will go?), but it did get interesting for the last half. Ty brought me home a "I'm sorry The Vikings sucked today" burrito from one of my favorite little Mexican food places. It made things a little better.

Ty and I finally found our anniversary gift certificate to Iccho and decided to use it for our date tonight. I love dating my husband! He is still my best friend and I get the added bonus of being married to him. It's still like I am living with a playmate. Is that weird? I don't know. All I know is I'm so grateful for him and we have a lot of fun together. But, he get's up at 3am and works for 12 hours, so we call it early, but we'll take what we can get!

Date Night! Yum :D

No comments:

Post a Comment