Monday, November 21, 2011

Heaven is sooo Lucky!

Ty and I learned that the world lost an amazing man last night. I have heard the quote, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -Mohanda Gandhi. And sadly I think this quote can be very relevant, but to it I also say, "Apparently you haven't had the joy of meeting Ash". He wasn't judgmental, bitter, or unforgiving. He was loving, extremely giving, very honest, and with everything that was going on in his life he was joyful! He reached out to the "outcasts" and made them feel welcome. I'd say that sounds a bit like Christ.

To be perfectly honest I cried myself to sleep last night with my heart aching for his wife and their two little girls (who are also friends with my children). I can't even begin to pretend I know what they are going through. Not all that long ago our families had dinner together. During which Ty and Ash were reminiscing about when they were stewards at our church together about a decade ago. They laughed about the silly things and immature things they would do (he had since become a pastoral assistant and operations manager at the church). After a minute of silence Ash finally said, "Yeah, we were the type of stewards I would fire today". We all laughed. :)

We wish we could have known him longer. He has really touched so many lives. The last time we saw him he was telling us how excited and proud of us he was for adding "another soldier in His army". It was very refreshing from the normal, "well, are you done now?" that we usually got. We miss you already Ash.

To quote my husband, "Heaven is sooo lucky!"

1 comment: