Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm so Emo.

The end of November is an emotional time for me. And the emotion I generally lean towards is depressed. This is why I chose not to blog that past few nights. I didn't want to have depression typing diarrhea all over this page. I'm not going to get into depth of why, but we shall keep it simple and say that many of my loved ones died in the month of November. And I lost two on separate "Black Fridays". So I dislike that day in particular. Perhaps it's an immature emotional speed bump that I will need to get over, but it hasn't gotten better yet. A little icing on my depression cake was the fact that this was the first Thanksgiving I didn't have Izzy.

Ty could not get off this Black Friday to help distract me so he wanted me to do my best to distract myself (and not wallow in my emo self pity) by hitting up a sale that peeked my interest. My mom agreed to let the kids sleep at her house so I could get an early start. The night before, I went through their flyer with a notebook, highlighter, and pen in hand. I checked out patterns online (At $.99 each it was worth a look) so that if there were any I wanted I already had the number written down and wouldn't have to fight to look through the pattern books at the store. I found 2. I made sure I grabbed a number from the cutting counter right when I walked in. I know waiting to get your fabric cut can take up to two hours during a sale like that. Fortunately since I was one of the first people there it was only 45 minutes, but I was walking around looking for goodies so I didn't even realize it. There was no rudeness, pushiness, or anything I have ever heard about Black Friday. I did see a mother and daughter walking around the store in the "eye black" that football players wear. It made me giggle. The sale did it's job. I was distracted and was able to get everything I needed for Christmas gifts/wrapping.

My preparation paid off! See how much spent vs how much saved?!
 Ty and I also went out on our first late night date the other night. Since the kids spent the night at my parents' we decided to go to midnight Rock n' Bowl at our local bowling alley. We were pretty surprised at how unpacked it was. When Ty and I dated we had to wait in a long line about half an hour before it started. We got there a little after midnight and there were about 15 empty lanes! Has bowling gotten even less cool in the last 3 years? It also seemed like the music got louder... or is that just a sign of us getting older? Oh well, we had fun! Ty's actually pretty good. We always make "friends" with the people next to us because they are impressed by his skills. He also looks cooler because he owns his own bowling ball and shoes. He tries to give me pointers, but I must be a terrible student. I think my high was 78.. yeah. But it felt great to get out for such an extended date with my favorite person :)

Here are some pictures of the smaller ones from today!

He wants to get Rudolph.

She was so tired, but wanted to play... 

1 comment:

  1. Not louder.... just older!
    I'm know that feeling! LOL

    ReplyDelete