Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poor Dolphins

Izzy and I like to watch documentaries together (A nerd just like her mommy). I like to watch them once first to make sure that they are appropriate for her. I firmly believe that what may be OK for one 5 year old may not be the case for another. Just rating something G, PG, PG13, and R isn't enough for men every child is different. Anyway, I watched "The Cove" in hopes of another good ocean themed documentary for her. Awesome documentary... but not for her yet. Dolphins are her favorite animal and what kind of mother shows her 5 year old a film where their child's favorite animal is slaughtered? Yeesh!

I cannot believe that Peanut will be 6 weeks old tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday I was depressed thinking that we were going to lose him. Ty and I were not planning on having another baby right away and at that time I was on medication that is known to cause miscarriages/birth defects. I cried when I took the pregnancy test and it came out positive. I "knew" this meant another loss. I quit taking the meds anyway and still prayed for the best. The doctor wouldn't even see me until I was around 10 weeks pregnant. So that meant 4 weeks of not knowing anything! Poor Ty had to deal with one crazy depressed emotional woman ALSO since I wasn't taking my medication I was dealing with sever mood altering migraines (I made the poor guy feel he was just as awful as a cheating husband for finishing off a cheesecake without me!) He's so strong and forgiving :) BUT! here our little boy is. Safe and apparently quite happy.

Ty should be home any minute. We hope to watch a movie before going to bed tonight. I suppose that depends on how tired we feel once he gets home. I miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment