Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spy on People

Ty stuck this in my recipe holder :)
Who doesn't like knowing they're loved?
This morning I had a nice little scare. The girls had spent the night at my parents' house and my dad left at 7am this morning to bring them home. It takes between 35 mins to an hour to get here from their place depending on traffic. By 8:15 I thought I would give my dad a call and I got no answer. It was rainy and I got a bit nervous. 15 minutes later I had gotten a text from my mom who asked if the girls had been dropped off. She was a little worried as well. I told myself that if I didn't hear from him by 9:15 I was going to call the non emergency number to get accident information. I had also been hearing sirens all morning which didn't help anything. At 9:10 we saw them drive up. That was the longest near hour I have experienced so far! Apparently my dad had lost his phone the night before and today there were accidents on both freeways he needed to take which led to a lot more traffic.

Washing "THE GWEAT KILLER WHALE"
So we are moving. We are VERY excited about it. We are moving back into our old neighborhood into the same complex I lived in when Ty and I started dating. We also moved into a two bedroom in the same complex when we got married. However the rent was pretty high and we just couldn't do it. Now they have lowered the rent, it includes utilities, a heated pool (which we get a view of yay!), security access, recreation room with pool table, easier to access laundry rooms (when you have three kids it's much needed!), gym, sauna, and storage. . Izzy is super excited to move back there. Mostly for the purple elevator. She has many fond memories of living in that complex.  We gave our 30 day notice today. We have a lot of work to do!

There are many reasons why we are moving back to that area, but the biggest one is probably childcare. My family lives about 7 minutes (max) away from where we are moving and my mom doesn't work. She LOVES kids and especially loves her grandkids. Being able to watch them is a joy for her. Second reason is that most of our life is still out that way. Our friends, our church, Izzy's school, and her friends. Although we have made some awesome friends here too. 
 
Realizing he has hands.

My packing helpers.
Don't worry, HQ has a diaper on!
I have been able to sew every day the past 5 days. Hooray for Locke developing a little more independence! I don't get much time each day, but enough to be productive. I was able to hem 2 shirts for my mother in law, replace a zipper in Izzy's dress, and finish the bodice to my sister's graduation dress. I has felt AMAZING to sew. Ty likes it when I sew too. He says I seem even happier when I do. We usually try to do something somewhat together while I sew. We'll watch something on netflix or just sit in the same room while he games and I sew. It's quite nice :)
Izzy came home with this today.
She showed it to me and said, "Daddy Sacha got me this telescope. Can we spy on people with it or just
look for falling stars?" We haven't tried it out yet, but I am curious how well it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment