Monday, May 9, 2011

Bread of Idleness

I can't stand the way I look in video so I decided to still blog as well. I felt quite productive today. I finished adjusting the pattern to my sister's graduation dress, made Ty's favorite dessert, did the dishes (blech!), and helped Izzy with her Phonics and math all before noon. Yay!

I have learned that going from no kids to one kid is a huge difference in how you live your life (I don't care how many pets you have, it's different and harder). Going from one to two is also a big step, but two to three is just plan crazy! I have heard that once you hit three, four or more isn't THAT much harder. Hmmm.. I don't know. I also remember hearing, "there is no cure to laziness, but having a large family helps." Although I don't believe I was every really a lazy person I sure as heck rarely taste the bread of idleness now! However, I wouldn't do anything differently. 

In her new gymnastics out my mom got her.
My mom even got her teddy bear a leotard...

Ooooh! Feet!

Reading!

Enjoying her new tutu given to her by a new friend :D
People have been coming up to us while we are at the grocery store or wherever and commenting on how happy we look especially for people with "so many" kids. We like our kids. We love our life. Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it. I have wasted so much time and energy in my life choosing to be bitter. Choosing to be depressed. My life has been downright awful and scary at times. I have lost a sister, a friend, a baby. I have been homeless, raped, beaten, and lonely. I have been a single mother, gossiped about, and walked all over. I have hated my mother, dealt with a drug addiction, and been suicidal. Although I really dislike thinking about any of those things all that has made me who I am today. If my horrible past can help someone, awesome. It's helped me and I now feel I am living the dream. Choose Joy!

...What a weird non sequitur tangent! But eh. I have been talking to many people lately and what they choose to get them down saddens me. It's not like I will never hurt or cry again, but it wont run my life. Smile, God seriously does love you!  

Today's Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment