Saturday, May 21, 2011

Izzy Wants Wings

Izzy wanted me to put up this picture...
"THAT'S MY FAVORITE PICTURE OF YOU AND ME!
Cause we're at the airport watching airplanes and you KNOW I want to be a pilot when I get as big as you."
"Mom, how long is school?"
"12 years and then there is college."
"College?! I don't want to go to college. That sounds silly. I just want to be a pilot."

I honestly can't believe Izzy still wants to be a pilot. It has been her plan since she was 2 and a half. I think what I wanted to be changed quite often. Ballerina, assassin, marine biologist, owner of an orphanage, doctor, costume designer... the list goes on. I however do the opposite of what my parents did and encourage her desire to be a pilot. We read her books about pilots (such as Amelia Earhart) and show her pictures of planes and listen to her when she talks about them. She has recently introduced the idea of being a pilot/hunter/doctor/princess combo... so we shall see if her love of planes wavers. But right now, I think it's pretty awesome that after 3 years her affinity for planes is still here. 

I am getting super excited for the move. I am not fond of packing at all, but it does mean going through some things and getting rid of the excess which I always enjoy. It just feels good to get stuff we don't need out. Craigslist has been quite a help in this endeavor! Izzy started packing up her toys and while she did so HQ started to unpack. When we put the toys back in the box HQ managed to open the bottom so the toys would just slide out. My little engineer! We made sure we left plenty of toys for them to still play with before our move in day which is still 3 weeks away. How exciting! 



No comments:

Post a Comment