Sunday, January 1, 2012

Pictionary Man

Happy New Year!! New Years Eve is something I never really got into. It usually just meant TV marathons of some sort were on and trying to stay up till midnight because... well, it was just what you supposed to do. Even in my "party phase" I still didn't get the appeal of New Year's Eve but I celebrated it just the same. Having kids just made me want to celebrate and appreciate everything I guess.

Picking out their celebratory noise makers.
Making pizza.  HQ loves squishing the dough!
We were invited to three parties this year (one child friendly) but we really didn't feel like leaving the home. Ty worked a 14 hour shift that started at 3am and we knew he had to leave for work again shortly after midnight (for another 12-14 hour shift). So Izzy and I did our best to make it beautiful here. We made chicken pizzas, stuffed jalapenos, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream (which didn't strike me a New Year's Eve-y but I let her choose the dessert). We made sure to have sparkling grape juice and an actual bottle of champagne. One of my brothers came over around 8 and we played board games until midnight. Izzy made it! HQ made it to 9:30 and Locke went to bed at his regular time. We watched the count down on the internet (since we don't have TV) and toasted at midnight. We were even able to see some pink fireworks from our window. Izzy made sure to give her uncle a smooch at midnight for good luck in the New Year. She then immediately went to bed saying it was the "Best New Year's EVER!". My brother stayed to to visit for a little bit before heading home. Ty did NOT want to go to work, but he made it out the door knowing he has the next 3 days off.

Pre party drinkin'

Ty took a nap in the hopes of being coherent at midnight. Locke fell asleep next to him. :)

Playing Pictionary Man!
It was a great celebration! I love my family. I am so blessed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment