Sunday, June 24, 2012

No Onions

Today was day one of P90X for me (again...)! Last time I made it two days... not consecutively. But here's hoping for a solid start this time!

I've been sick for about a month now. Supposedly there is a super throat virus going around. I have had a major sore throat and pretty bad fatigue for weeks (no, it's not mono). I usually whip out my sewing once the kids go to bed around 8. Ty and I will watch a movie or game while I create, but by the time the kids are down and the dishes are washed I've been feeling ready for bed. That is very unlike me! As I wash dishes I am usually dreaming of the sewing that awaits. Pattern making, sewing seam, ripping seams, ironing, and just plain old being creative. This lame fatigue has slowed my sewing progress down quite a bit, but here is what I am currently working on:

Independence Day goodies!
I got these fabrics 2 Julys ago.. I figured it was time to do something with them.

Working on a apron. I saw something similar to this a while back, and thought I would give it a go.
I can't make up my mind on whether or not it looks too busy. 


Ready to head to the beach.
HQ picked out her socks herself. She is very careful in making sure they are the same color,
but same shade and style are totally optional. 

Looking for a new pair of "nerd" glasses. I think these work!

A math incentive for Izzy from Grandma. Two of Izzy's bffs own one so of course she wanted one too.
I started juicing again. I haven't done it since before Locke was born. It just seems like a bit of a bigger chore now, but it is totally worth it. We made Popeye Punch (spinach, raspberries, and pineapple). It was so delicious and was like drinking two cups of coffe! It's seriously the easiest way to get veggies into our kids. They like broccoli and carrots, but that's about it. This way they get a greater variety and they don't even know it. Suckers!

Apparently this juicer makes an even bigger mess when you can't find all the pieces.
The juice was still yummy though. (No onion went into this juice.)

Mmm... breakfast!
I decided to squash all big cooking/baking into one day. I love to cook, but I find that there are some days it feels like I never leave the kitchen. So, on "kitchen day" we bake cookies, freeze dough, make ice cream, or any desserts we plan on having that week. We season and cut up meat that will be used, cut up any veggies, shred any cheese, and bake any bread. This cuts down cooking and clean up time for the rest of the week and thus makes it much more enjoyable. The girls seem to love it and it's a great way to sneak in a bunch of math.

HQ helping :) 

Multitasking! A bigger kitchen would be nice...
HQ's favorite cooking adventure so far is ice cream. It helps that that is one of her favorite things to eat too. Tonight she actually went to bed with a recipe book in her hands. My little weirdo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment